



The next day proved to be a lot harder as we learned more about our little man. The doctors found a heart murmur that morning. They were also worried about a bowel obstruction because his abdomen was huge. Over night he developed a rash all over his body which as the days when on continued to get worse. His white blood cell count was 76.0 (normal is5.5-17.0). The doctors informed us that if it reached 100.0 they would have to transfer him to Primary Childrens to start chemotherapy. I remember being so overwhelmed by everything and wondering just what the future held for him.
Since it was January, it was RSV season and the hospital would not allow young kids inside the Special Care Nursery. They did agree to bring Little Man to the glass so that the kids could at least see him. I remember Princess saying over and over "Cute baby" and 1st Son commenting on just how small he was. I was so grateful they were able to meet him if only through the glass.
We are having a party tomorrow to celebrate Little Man's 1st Birthday so I will post more tomorrow.




No comments:
Post a Comment