Friday, February 5, 2010

Pinewood Derby



This was our first pinewood derby experience with 1st Son. I was so grateful that Chris knew how to help him because I was totally lost. I was also surprised by how much work it took to make his car. 1st Son was so proud of his car and even took a couple of 1st places. He won the "most compact" car award. I was grateful that there was not an offical winner but that everyone got awards. I loved watching how excited each of the boys got then it was their turn for a race.
1st Son also received his wolf award that night at pack meeting. He did a lot of hard work and I am very proud of him.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the first pinewood derby. I am like you - totally lost - but grateful Alan was around to help our son. Who knew all the stuff about weights and all of that??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I had no idea that you started a blog. The derby was a ton of fun and the boys had a blast and by the boys I don't mean the 9 yr olds but Justin and Chris...

    ReplyDelete