Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Eye Surgery

Yesterday we took Little Man to Primary Childrens' Medical Center to have his tear ducts opened. It was really kind of strange to be back one year almost to the day of when he were able to take him home for the first time. Little Man did really well through out the whole thing. I was really worried because he could not have anything to eat from midnight on but he was so patient about waiting. I have to admit that it was kind of hard to hand him over to the anesthesiaologist when it came time for the surgery.

After the surgery he did so good. He woke up smiling and ate all his apple juice so we could go home. All of the other kiddos around us were crying and our cute Little Man was all smiles.

We are hoping this will help with all of his eye infections. Whenever he goes a cold his eye goop up and stay that way until we get him on drops. I was grateful that Chris was able to go with me so I did not have be by myself. Also a big thank you to Aunt Julie and Aunt Alisha for taking our kids so early in the morning (5am).









2 comments:

  1. I didn't know I could get on your blog - but I am so happy to have found you in blogging land. We loved your Christmas card and we are excited to follow all your adventures with your little man. He is a cutie! Glad the surgery went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey valerie this is jackie bateman. i saw your blog comment on kems blog and went snooping around yours! your kids are so cute. i loved having 2nd son in my class last year and this year i have your princess. her and daphne crack me up! glad that little mans surgery went well. he sure is a cutie. i just thought you might like to see this video of my brother in law who has down syndrome. it is really special to me to see him as a baby. http://vimeo.com/8541821

    ReplyDelete