Two weeks after we went back to church Chris was called as the bishop of our ward. I was so surprised when the Stake President extended the calling to us. Little Man was only four months old and I did not know how I was going to handle a new baby and three other children. I remember praying all week before his first Sunday that somehow I would be able to make it through church without breakdown and crying in front of everyone. I have done that before and it was kind of humiliating. My goal is to usually wait until I get home before I have a break down.
I do not remember if it was that first Sunday or the next one but before the meeting start an angel grandma by the name of Mary Wayment asked if she could hold Little Man during sacrament meeting. I of course let her and she has been taking him every Sunday for the last year. I can not put into words how grateful I am for her and her unselfish service to us. I have prayed many time thanking my Heavenly Father for her.
Two weeks ago when Little Man had his ear infection he was extremely ornery so I did not want Mary to have do deal with him so I just kept him. I made it through the whole meeting without even having to go out in the hall with him. I was a little bit frustrated with my other children because they all wanted to be right next to Little Man but overall it was not too bad. This last Sunday Mary was not there so we made it through church again and I was still smiling by the end. I think I can do this by myself. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father sends individual to help us when we really need it until we are able to stand on our own.




Oh Val you sound so good and you are an amazing mother I bet it is hard to get everyone in order for sacrament meeting. But I know if there is anyone who can do it, it is you!! I have felt like this and I don't like sharing my children either!! But there are those moments where it is a great blessing!! You have the cutest family and I know the Lord is watching over you!! You are a blessing thanks for your example!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear this. You have no idea sister how worried I have been with number 5 on its way and the thought of doing it all on my own, but like you said the Lord is their when you need him and I am so thankful for all the little things that have made this all ok.
ReplyDelete