Thursday, March 11, 2010

Starting a Long Journey


Today I took 1st Son to the orthodontist to start his long journey with braces. We have known for a long time that he would eventually need braces and have put it off for the last couple of years, but it is finally time. He had molds and spacers put in today. We go back in two weeks to have two appliances put in. One will help him with his tongue thrust which we found out he had this year when we took him to a speech therapist. The other appliance is to help create more room on top for all of his teeth.


I think I am more nervous about this than 1st Son. I remember all the pain each time they would tighten the braces and all the head gear that I would never wear even though I was suppose to. Now that it is all over though I am grateful for straight teeth. I am sure 1st Son will feel the same way when it is all over.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Val, I know how you feel!! I know Tucker needs them and we have done the same put them off!! I am not excited for him to have that I guess it is becuase we have been there and know what is ahead!! THe other for me is it is time I really don't have right now!! NOt fun!! But it is a blessing when your teethe are all straight! :) Goood Luck!!

    ReplyDelete