Wednesday, June 30, 2010

EFY in Santa Barbara

On June 19 we flew with Little Man to California. It was Little Man's 1st airplane ride and he did great. He slept for 15 minutes and that was it, but the rest of the time he just looked out the window or played. We flew into LAX and then drove up to where Chris served his mission in Simi Valley and visited with his California mom-Kim. We had a great visit and went to church with them the next morning.



Little Man in the hotel while we were getting ready for church. I love that smile!!



These are the amazing counselors that we got to serve with all week. EFY stands for Especially for Youth and is a week long summer camp put on my our church. Chris and I went as the session directors and were able to take Little Man with us. Through out the week Chris will teach a group of about 500 youth 11 times. He is an amazing teacher and loves to up in front a huge crowd. I, on the other hand, get scared to death so he does all of the teaching and I just get to watch and enjoy.



Nap time.


Pizza Night!!!



The incredible BC and coordinators that we absolutely love!!!



Tuesday and Friday night they have a dance. We stayed up top and watch because it was so loud and Little Man doesn't like tons of noise.





UCSB (University of California Santa Barbara) where EFY was held is right on the beach so during one of our breaks we went down and enjoyed the beach. We tried to have Little Man walk in the sand but he wanted nothing to do with it.














1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great week! I like all the pictures - you look great, but what else would I expect! :)

    ReplyDelete